Thursday, December 8, 2011


Pettijohn Christmas 2011

Greetings! We hope the end of this year finds you warm and snug, surrounded by loved ones and full of the freedom found in Christ. We’ve had an all-too-familiar crazy year marked with many trying events coupled with many joys. Here’s our synopsis:

Lee: “After owning my new business for a year now, I can truly empathize with those that have gone before me. It has been challenging, rewarding, stressful, tiring, and a ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ opportunity and I wouldn’t trade for anything. God has been so gracious to me and this family. He continually finds it in His heart to give us mercy and favor through this time and we can certainly feel His closeness, even through the process of losing my father. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful network of friends. And my family is the bestest in the whole wide world!!!”

Keely: “I continue to home-school the girls, chase after Wesley, spoil Lee, and maintain our home. I still take care of my grandma and a gentleman named Bill. I continue to struggle with health complications from my appendix bursting this past spring, and wish alternative doctors were more reasonably priced! I found a caffeine-free chai and a new resale shop that I LOVE. I’ve given up on trying to keep my scrapbook up and my weight down. Sometimes I contemplate the idea of a 5th-wheeler so we can just travel around visiting and helping people everywhere. I am still as ornery and energetic as ever, and look forward to another year with my friends, family, and savior whom I adore!!!”

Julie: “I’ve been going to the district school for an hour everyday. I like going there, but kids fight over me, and I don’t like that. I just had my Christmas concert and a small part in 2 performances at a local theatre. Home school is going well. My favorite subject is science. Dad’s reading through the Chronicles of Narnia with us at night. “Narnia in the North!” I’m glad we have so many people to love, and I’m glad you are all a part of our lives.”

Elly: “I’m cute and funny. I like school because it is really fun. I think I’ll be reading soon. My hair is very long and curly and everyone wants it. My sister wants a perm for Christmas so she can look like me. I want to eat candy all day long, but broccoli is good too. Goodbye.”

Wesley: Frequent smiles. Double dimples. Contagious laugh. Crooked run. Calls mom “dada.” Signs frequently. Sleeps rarely. Bright blue eyes. A HUGE blessing!

Our Year in Quick Review:

Lee’s business branched out and took on another partner in January.

Disney World in March.

Christa and Keely’s mom came for Keely’s 34th bday in April.

Lake of the Ozarks in May.

Colorado trip in June.

Wesley turned 1 and Julie turned 8 in September.

Lee’s bday in October. (The year of 11’s: Charles 66, Kay 55, Christy 44, Lee 33)

Charles Pettijohn passed away and Elly turned 5 in November.

Here we sit in December. Thinking about and loving on YOU!


























2 comments:

Behrmans said...

Love your Christmas card!

Rebekah said...

Lovely, although not nearly enough pictures of my dear friend! And way to go making us all feel guilty for sending out paper cards. ;-) Thanks for sharing. Love you.